Thursday, December 8, 2011

Manila Bay

My girlfriend grew up near the bay and her childhood was spent biking her way to the shore with her father and sister on weekends. Her default answer to my questions on where to spend the weekend is “Let’s go to the bay…”. Her heart belongs to the sea.

She hugged me tight when I told her I booked a night cruise at the bay. That was a year ago.

It was a lovely night with full moon glimmering the sky and glittering the sea, not to mention the changing lights of the city buildings. I silently wished that moment when she whispered I LOVE YOU that I own a yacht so that we could do this together every night.

One Sunday, weeks ago, I showed her our tickets for Manila Ocean Park (http://www.manilaoceanpark.com/). When we got there, the always beautiful Manila sunset greeted us. She turned into a mermaid named Ariel when we entered the oceanarium (maybe I turned into Prince Eric. Hahaha). Magical place. She mouthed I LOVE YOU like a mermaid while pointing at the school of fish passing above our heads.

I felt like I was Prince Eric!!!

We spent the night til dawn at the WHITEMOON bar (located also at the Manila Ocean Park overlooking the bay) staring at the most visible star in the sky talking about our dreams and our childhood. Those days when she biked her way to the bay laughing loudly and non-stop with her father and sister.


20 comments:

  1. Wonderful experience to see the fishes all around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so true, Rajesh. It was like an under the sea experience, beautiful world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice series of photos, Rizalenio. I love the 3rd sunset photo most. Fishes in that dark blue water are like a wonder realm. Have again a nice weekend like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so why dont we go? somewhere only we know.. ^_^

    rumo-romantic ang blog entry! nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot, Traveling Hawk. It's an awesome experience just staring at them. You too, happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Chyng. Inspired by you and Rob lang yan. Chyrob for the kilig! :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how romantic. nice captures and a great place to spend the day and night with your love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I laughed at myself when I felt my jaw opened wide saying "WOW" to those little red crabs! I wish I can find those in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, LR. You're right, It's a romantic and a happy place. Thanks a lot. Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much, Dee. I wow-ed reading your comments too. Happy weekend. I love your photos esp those with dragonflies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a great time. I always love the exposure on your night shots, do you underexpose or was it lust the dark clouds.
    Talking of love, I wouldn't want to get a kiss from one of those fish !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can rarely see beautiful sunset here in the city but base on the picture, you can see that in Manila bay.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you very much, Jayz. It was just dark clouds. I played with shutterspeed most of the times. Hahaha. Those fish are with kissable lips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Henry. Thanks for dropping by here and commenting. Welcome to my site. Every time I passed by Roxas Boulevard, I always admire the view of the sea and the big ships. I saw sailboats too one time. Very beautiful Manila bay.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cold and warm colours were nicely caught by your camera. Under the sea the world looks more peaceful.

    Hugs

    Valery

    Barcelona Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pics, loved the orange red sky. And the fishes in blue water, they look gorgeous too. Thanks for sharing your personal moments with us.
    Have a fabulous week ahead Rizalenio:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Valery. I agree with you, its peaceful under the sea as I observed it while inside the oceanarium. Thank you. Stay safe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks a lot, Arti. Glad you love it. Always take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. .. nice shots! too bad di ako nakakuha ng ganyan kagandang pics sa ocean park, not worth it posting like yours, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Rob. Salamat. Need mo daw bumalik para picture-an mo ang mga jelly fish. :)

    ReplyDelete